Feature | I need help and advice

I need help and advice

Are you in need of food?

If you are in need of food please in the first instance consult a professional such as your doctor, social work, housing officer, CAB advisor, health visitor, etc and they will be able to refer you.

However in an emergency you can contact us by emailing this website or you can visit The Salvation Army, Tolhouse Street Mondays Thursday or Fridays mornings; we will give you a some emergency food  and help you arrange a formal referral.

We work closely with local care organisations whose professional care-workers identify people in crisis and give them a food voucher and refer them to one of our Distribution Centres. Here they aim to give a warm welcome, a hot drink and a foodbox and if they wish, a listening ear and help in finding other professionals who can assist them with the underlying problems that is causing their crisis.

So by giving food and/or money to the Foodbank – you can be a vital part of the community that’s providing emergency food to local people in crisis.

Visit The Bridge website. Ring St Mary Magdalene Gorleston on 01493 661741 Tuesdays 10 -1.00pm

Visit Herbie’s website, email great.yarmouth@salvationarmy.org.uk or phone Alan Smith them on 01493 858069.

Mondays 9.30 – 11.30 Thursday 12 – 2.00pm Fridays 9.30 – 11.30